Just when you think you have everything covered for your wedding, you suddenly remember that you also need a smashing look for the rehearsal dinner.
How you will look in the rehearsal dinner is relatively as important as how you will look on the wedding day itself. It’s at the rehearsal dinner that you will probably first meet your groom’s whole family. And it’s where you will be seeing some of your dearest friends after a long time. Thus, the dilemma of choosing a dress that would allow you to make the best first impression.
But, never fear, we have here a few tips for you to consider in deciding on what to wear:
1. Consider the Type of Party. Is the dinner your having a BBQ or sit-down, casual or formal, large or intimate, indoors or outdoors? The venue will more or less set the tone of the party. You must then dress accordingly. Wear a simple sundress for an outdoor BBQ and an embellished cocktail dress for an indoor formal sit-down dinner.
2. Express Yourself. The rehearsal dinner is your chance to express a different side of you. Showcase your dynamic personality by veering away from the look and feel of your wedding dress. If your wedding dress is traditional, get a contemporary looking rehearsal dinner dress. If your wedding dress is long-sleeved with a high neckline, go for a rehearsal dress that is more revealing.
3. To Be or Not To Be — Trendy. It’s all good if you want to be in that hot new fashion, but beware of being too trendy or, you’ll most probably laugh at the rehearsal dinner pictures years later. You can balance out the look by toning down the trend with classic accents. Like, if you want the glamorous glitter material, do the classic pencil cut dress. To help you further, consider below dresses by the smashing brand Terani Couture. These dresses are available at MissesDressy.com. We believe that these are just the right balance of trendy and classic. With these, you can’t go wrong.
4. Color Me Bad. The special occasion is for you (and your groom), therefore you should allow yourself to shine. Stay away from the LBD’s for the meantime. If you are daring, wear red or some formal bright color. But if you want to be subtle, stick to pastels or grey. Do this, else you will blend in with the crowd.
5. Comfort First. You can be bold and daring, but do it tastefully. Remember, if your dress makes it uncomfortable to move, then it’s probably not a proper attire. Make sure that your neckline is not too low, that your hemline is not too short, and the fit is not too tight. Your dress must allow you to mingle and even dance.
After making so many choices for the wedding, you may find yourself dumbfounded to make yet another decision especially when there are countless options. We hope then, that these tips help you. Just keep in mind that the no. 1 rule is that you must look better and more special than anyone else, being the host and celebrant. Allow yourself to be a star in your rehearsal dinner as much as in your wedding. The only thing you will have to bother with is enjoying the moments with your love.
Photo Credits: Lauren + Rob by Blueberry Photography