Are there any “Do’s and Don’ts” for Prom? Oh yes, my dear, there are…..to make you Prom better. So we’ll review one by one for hair and make up. Ready? Set. go!
Hair: Avoid looking like a schoolgirl on your big night!!
If you are petite…
- Do’s: Petite girls look gorgeous in midlength or shorter hair. Why’s that? Because you want to add height, not width. Keep it sleek and simple.
- Don’ts: Avoid big hair (big curls, bug waves, messy voluminous style), unless you want to look like a huge cotton candy on a tiny stick, or emphasize your lack of height.
If you are tall…
- Do’s: You can get away with almost any hairstyle! A tousled updo is the best hairstyle for tall girls. Don’t forget to add a pretty hairpin.
Long tousled waves also look particularly fabulous on tall women (think of Giselle Bundchen).
- Don’ts: Don’t add even more height to your statuesque frames. Avoid short and messy hairstyle.
If you are curvy…
- Do’s: Long tousled waves look sexy on curvy women. Longer curls will frame your bust in a gorgeous way. You can also do hair extensions or a hot messy updo instead.
- Don’ts: AVOID a sleek updo, unless you want to draw attention to your bottom or bust area (which is not a good idea, since you want to look gorgeous and lady-like)
Barely there… This look is timeless and save you A LOT of time! Put on black eyeliner, sheer blush on, and lip balm. Lovely like Dakota Fanning!
Romantic… Rosy cheeks and peach lipstick, gorgeously romantic!
Classic… Alexis Bledel looks stunning with bright pink lipstick peach color cheeks.