The 21st century bride no longer abides to customs and traditions of old, well at least, in terms of style. We see that she asserts herself, speaking her mind through fashion, and daring to show who she is by telling her story through unconventional styling. With that in mind, our trusty designers put twists to bridal gown designs to convey the differing personalities of their ultimate muse: the rebellious bride.
Here are our top 8 bridal dress trends, perfect for the modern brides.
1. Rouged, etc. Brides just wanna have fun; and fun they find in cheery colours: red, pink, blush, even greens and blues. The fierce fearless bride wouldn’t settle for white, and instead, would choose to be bright and beautiful in a coloured wedding dress.
2. But wait ’til you see the back. For a quirky surprise and sexy drama, especially for the long walk down the aisle and the pictorial, brides put attention to the back part of the dress with beautiful lace, intricate embroideries, bold peekaboo, and detailed embellishments.
3. High Fashion Neckline. Extremely high and low necklines are favored by the rogue brides to frame their face to perfection. It is also a great way to balance the amount of skin they want to show-off.
4. One-Shoulder Treatment. The Ms. Independent bride would most likely go for the one-shoulder design for it gives that structured geometric aesthetic while baring some sexy skin.
5. Lace, Lace, Lace. The classic and timeless lace gets an edgy upgrade due to its head-to-toe usage in most of the current designs. Uberly romantic brides can add a touch of whimsy to their styling with these pieces.
6. Trick and Treat. Illusion details in dresses are for the brides who want to give a hint of skin while staying covered up with the use of sheer materials. These also create additional graceful movements and allow a more unpredictable placement of accents like applique, sequins, lace, and beads.
7. Flattering Peplum. Clever and courageous brides opt for this haute detail to define the waist and create a vavavoom silhuoette.
8. Transform. The smart convertible dresses are for the brides who want to make an impact on her walk down the aisle, then be able to dance without any constraint at the reception dinner. These are dresses with removable skirts, capes, and trains. Genius, right?
Quirky, zany, edgy, mysterious, sensual, artsy, whimsical, old-soul, whichever type of rebellious bride you are, we are absolutely certain that there is a perfect wedding dress for you. For more options, check out our vast collection of bridal dresses here.
4 Responses to “The Rebellious Bride: Top 8 Bridal Dress Trends for 2013”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.